Chatham Players to Hold Auditions For “Play On!”
Somewhere in the muddy, artistic netherworld between Noises Off and Guffman is… "Play On!"
The Chatham Players will hold auditions for Rick Abbott’s backstage comedy, “Play On!” on Sunday, December 9th and Tuesday, December 11th at 7:30 pm. All auditions will occur at The Chatham Playhouse: 23 North Passaic Ave.
Production dates are February 22 thru March 9, 2019 with rehearsals to begin early-January. John A.C. Kennedy directs.
Play On! is the story of 10 enthusiastic, if artistically-challenged, amateurs attempting to stage the world premiere of an exciting new play -- which may or may not be a murder mystery, depending upon who you talk to...
Director Kennedy is looking for 10 enthusiastic (if artistically challenged) performers, ages 15-80. Gender a plus... but not required. Auditions will consist of cold readings.
- Gerry Dunbar (M or F, 30-70); a community theatre director.
- A.G. Manville (M or F, 30-70); an overworked stage manager
- Lou Peary (M or F, 20-80); a surly theatre technician
- Henry Benish (M, 50-100); a character actor, possibly stuffy
- Polly Benish (F, 40-70); a grand dame/character actress
- Saul Watson (M, 25-60); a smug character actor
- Billy Carewe (M, 20-35); a leading man-type
- Violet Imbray (F, 20-35); an ingénue-type
- Marla Smith (F, 15-22); an aspiring actress
- Phyllis Montague (F, 25-50); a local, novice playwright
The Chatham Players have an open call casting policy. ALL roles are open, none are precast, and everyone is encouraged to audition. Any questions, please call Gus Ibranyi at (201)-563-0362 or email email@example.com. For directions or additional information, please visit www.chathamplayers.org